Friday, September 16, 2011

A Quote...


I want to share this quote with you:

"A violin-maker in the old days always chose the wood for his violins from the north side of the trees; it was the side upon which the wind and the storms had beaten. So he said when he heard the groaning of the trees in the forest at night he didn't feel sorry for them, for they were just learning to be violins." Unknown


I like thinking about how this applies to me. I see it as a picture of how God is forming me into what He wants me to be, something beautiful, something that sounds forth His glory. He is doing that through the wind and rain (hardship and pain) that He allows in my life.


I won't look at a violin the same way again. This story will stay with me and remind me of the instrument that God is forming me to be. An instrument of beauty and an instrument, that when the Master takes it up to play, will produce a lovely sound. I am waiting in His hands, waiting to be played.

No comments:

Post a Comment